What is a WordPress User Registration Form
A WordPress user registration form is a gateway between your website and your visitors. It’s a simple, yet powerful tool that allows individuals to sign up, providing their basic personal details and, occasionally, specific information related to your business or interests. These forms can be displayed as pop-ups, embedded on landing pages, or integrated into a website’s main menu.
Today, businesses are striving to provide personalized experiences to their customers. User registration forms play a pivotal role in achieving this goal. When visitors willingly share their information, it opens the door to personalized marketing and tailored content. Brands can connect with their audience on a personal level, delivering customized advertisements and content that resonate with individual preferences.
This level of personalization not only enhances marketing efforts but also strengthens customer relations. Over time, the trust and loyalty of your consumer base grow as they receive content that speaks directly to their needs and interests.
User registration forms can be a building block for creating vibrant online communities. They allow businesses to foster connections among like-minded individuals who share common interests or goals. This sense of belonging and community can strengthen your brand’s reputation and authority in your niche.
Finally, if you’re looking to grow your business through lead and content marketing in today’s digital landscape, user registration forms are your secret weapon. They empower you to create personalized experiences, generate leads, build communities, and earn the trust of your audience.
How to create a new user login registration form for your WordPress website?
RegistrationMagic is a user-friendly WordPress plugin that empowers individuals and organizations to effortlessly create registration forms and online application forms. With RegistrationMagic, designing a user registration form or creating an online application form is a breeze. Whether you’re hosting an event, collecting data, or managing applications, this registration plugin offers a comprehensive registration solution. To create a registration form or an application form, follow the All Forms screen, customize your fields, and personalize the design to match your WordPress site’s look and feel. You can also create any type of form, ranging from event registration forms to admission forms to any use case form specific to Industry. This is the best WordPress plugin for user registration and login.
Additionally, RegistrationMagic delivers numerous extra features for form creation. These include :
- Create Unlimited Registration Forms or Application Forms
- Form Card view with at-a-glance information of participants
- Quick form creator
- Built-in login system
- Submission counter on form card
- Default form selector
- Shortcode system for forms
- Submissions Dashboard Widget
- Submissions under User profile
- Sort form cards
- Duplicate forms
- Broadcast email messages to all users plus personalize messages
- Quick view of recipients for each form
- Customization of forms on various categories and many more.
Above all, this plugin provides you to integrate your registration form and user data to Mailchimp. This makes all the email marketing and newsletter ideas that we spoke of earlier easier to execute.
- A website based on WordPress: Click here to start with WordPress.
- Free RegistrationMagic plugin: Download/ Install from here.
- Premium RegistrationMagic plugin (optional but preferred): For enabling more hyper-personalized advanced features.
Creating a WordPress User Registration Form
Step 1: Adding a new form using RegistrationMagic.
- Firstly, click on the RegistrationMagic plugin and click on “All Forms“.
- Next, click on “New Form” for creating a new user registration form.
Step 2: Adding a new name for the form.
- In the window that says “Create New Form“, add a title for your form.
- Since we’re creating a user registration form, that’s what we’ll name it.
- We’re fashioning a very basic form here with no videos or images attached. This doesn’t mean you can’t do that. We’ll tell you how to do that in the coming steps.
- After that, from the ‘All forms page’, click on your new form’s ‘Fields’ section to proceed to add fields.
You’ll land on this page. This is the page from where you need to add all fields. This page is called the ‘Fields Manager’ page.
Steps for adding form fields
- From the above image, you can refer to the ‘Fields Manager’ page for adding all form fields.
- All the fields are to be added to the form from the ‘All fields’ section. You’ll find every single field you’ll require here.
- For instance, text, radio buttons, checkboxes, video links, images, etc. all lie under this category.
- Just to gander at the good, here’s a glimpse of all the vast range of categories under the ‘Fields’ section that you can use. We’re creating a basic and precise user registration form here. However, we won’t make use of all these fields.
- Therefore, to understand all functionalities better, you can try adding fields and then deleting them as per your wish.
Step3: Adding fields to the form
Since the form we have in mind is a very basic and open one, we won’t make it extra refined. Therefore, we’ll add only a single sheet to the form. If need be, you can always create multipage forms easily through RegistrationMagic.
Let’s start adding fields to our form:
Just go to the ‘All Fields’ section and start clicking on the fields you’d like to add to your form. We’ll first add all basic fields and label them before moving on to the others.
Once a field is labelled, scroll down and click on the ‘Add to form’ option to add it to the form.
- Email field is a default field in all RegistrationMagic forms. We can’t remove it from any form and is a mandatory field.
- The username field is for the registering person to choose a login account username for you.
- The password field obviously, is for the individual to set an account password for themselves.
- The first and last name fields are two different fields added to the form for the obvious reasons of getting the full name of the participant.
- We use the mobile number category to get the contact number of the person. You can customize this according to your reach specifications. This means you can add this field for international or local purposes.
- The terms and conditions checkbox is to get a confirmation from the user to agree to the website terms.
With that, we’ve added all necessary fields to our form. You can mark which fields are compulsory and which aren’t from the fields settings themselves.
Additionally, you can also change the visuals and aesthetics of your form as much as you want through RegistrationMagic.
Step4: Publishing the form
Copy the shortcode to a new page
Go back to the ‘All forms’ section. Copy the shortcode of the form
Now go to the ‘Pages’ section of the website backend. Click on ‘New page’
Add the actual title of your form in the ‘Title’ section and paste the shortcode in the ‘Main body’ of the page and click on ‘Publish’
With that, the entire form publishing process is complete. Although, if you wish to add this to the main menu of your website, you can go to the ‘Appearance’ option on the website backend options and add this form to the menu and save it.
Frontend View of WordPress User Registration Form
This is how your user registration form design will appear to the participants on your website frontend.
You can trust RegistrationMagic in doing the right job for you. All you have to do is add the fields and rest assured about the efficiency of your form. Furthermore, RegistrationMagic is a plugin that blends with the theme of your website without any extra customization.
- How to Manage User Registration Status in WordPress - August 8, 2023
- Send Emails to Registered Users in WordPress with Ease - August 6, 2023
- How to Create a User Registration Form on WordPress - September 22, 2022
- Registration Based WordPress Contact Form Plugins - September 15, 2022
- Create a Job Application Form on WordPress Website- In Depth Guide - September 14, 2022
- How to create an efficient Marriage Registration Form in WordPress - November 26, 2021
- How to make a flexible vendor registration form for your business - November 24, 2021
- Creating a Smart Membership Form for Your WordPress Website - November 22, 2021
- How to create a digital Preschool Registration Form - November 18, 2021
- How to make a creative Dance Registration Form with RegistrationMagic - November 16, 2021