We live in an era where businesses local or global, function in a highly competitive landscape. A membership form for your brand’s website helps you further in directing growth and marketing strategies and ensuring your victory.
Spending a heavy sum on marketing and lead campaigns with every passing day is not cost-effective. It may work out well in the favor of a lot of other brands in the past but does that make it compulsory?
Not at all! Especially not when we have smart digital assets at our disposal. How is that adding up? It’s because of the intelligent and astute ways it provides for budget-friendly content marketing.
Content truly rules every marketing piece. One such way of diverting an economically reasonable content marketing strategy is through customization and personalization of content. A community membership for your business, newsletter or personalized notifications and ads helps channelize this technique in the best possible way.
A powerful marketing tactic is vital in building your brand’s image. It is what ultimately reflects your brand’s principles, visions, and future endeavors.
Creating compelling content sure is very necessary but how do you correctly present them to your crowd is far more important. A few ways of getting the focus and grabbing the attention of your potential customers are through forwarding engaging content pieces of various forms.
A membership form and a business community membership help you do just that. Even better, they provide you with the necessary filters that you require to work with.
Where exactly do you get this kind of data to bring this idea to reality? Through a new membership form
This tactic without a fail ensures that you create a possibly loyal consumer base with shared interests. Since they signed up for the membership process, that offers you an edge over a lot of other aspects already. We’ll discuss more on this subject in later sections of this article.
Prior to that let’s discuss the core tool for getting all of this membership signup information, a WordPress membership form.
What is a membership form and how’s it significant?
Notifications, text ads, community messages, and newsletters are very popular yet efficient forms of content marketing. All kinds of personalized and customized information sent through these mediums are collected through a community membership form.
This form generally appears as a pop-up on brand websites for potential customers and website visitors to fill their information in. In contrast, this form might also be available as a separate drop-down on the website’s main menu.
This information usually is limited to the website visitor’s basic personal details required for membership. In addition, it can gather their details on certain specific subjects that may be of use to the business. Although that rarely happens.
A new membership enrolment form opens doors for businesses to experience a whole new version of personalized catering, be it general or niche. Businesses are able to connect on a personal level with their customers through membership programs.
This isn’t just beneficial in marketing terms but also for customer relations. Over time, this personalized marketing strategy helps build a loyal client/ member base keeping the standard of the content intact.
Apart from widening the audience, a membership form also helps immensely in lead generation. As a matter of fact, that’s what finally helps bring sales conversions.
When implemented properly, the membership process as a marketing medium and the community built through a WordPress membership form can help the firm build something very stable. That also builds the members’ trust and interest in your brand.
If you’re planning on growing your business through lead and content marketing but aren’t sure where to start, this is your hint!
What advantages does a membership form offer?
The advantages of any lead marketing tactic don’t extend to only one party. A membership form is no exception. These tactics by trait, provide two-way advantages, both of which, we’ll discuss right now.
The lead side
Some very generic advantages derived from the customer’s end are:
- Regular updates for any new launches
What could be better than members receiving constant updates for all new arrivals from their favorite store? After all, we don’t take membership for every other website, do we? We must have some amount of interest in the business’s offerings.
Among all, email newsletter notifications are some of the best in the business because they provide media attachment options along with text. This adds all the more charm and credibility to the new launch notifications. A community membership form allows you to collect the best set of data for the same.
In addition, the text messages and other notifications act as a reminder for the members of the community. All this lead data is gathered easily with a membership enrolment form on websites.
- Discounts and offers
Aside from taking a look at what’s new on the shelf, members of the business would also be interested in knowing about the special offers. A marketing piece addressed by the member’s name already offers some personal connection.
Additionally, when the members receive discounts, store credits, or other offers depending on previous purchases, it feels like a custom offer made just for them. This is where marketing plays psychology. This is exactly the kind of personalization and customization of content that data collected from membership forms offer.
Once the details of the members are filled in, businesses start sending relevant filtered content to them individually or in bunches.
Additional advantages for registered subscribers:
- A gentle reminder by brands to shop with them
Some of the notifications or offers sent through the data gathered are rather elaborate. With these, brands forward a series of items lists and offer preferred by the members.
- Information in-depth
WordPress plugins that allow businesses to integrate their membership process with the mailing process for newsletters, open a whole new world of opportunities and expansion for them.
If you have subscribed to a newsletter or some other content piece on similar lines, you’re sure to get detailed newsletters. Additionally, a newsletter is quite generous in terms of the quantity of text. Say, your business is launching a new campaign, a mega-fest, or a big event.
You would obviously want every one of your members to know about it. Know not just in short but in-depth. The company’s registered members have the best chance of finding all these details with just that one email than all non-members.
The business side
- Assists in making more member connections
Almost all of a business’s current and future members are likely to have email addresses and contact numbers. Making the most judicial use of this information is the brand’s utmost responsibility in order to get good leads.
Membership forms, therefore, are some of the most competent methods for a business to improve customer connections. This is applicable to both the quantity and quality aspects of the subject at hand.
- Enhance business credibility
Highly informative and well-structured personalized content pieces offer members various valuable insights. These insights and relevant information on the brand’s products and services build trust within the member. This in turn enhances your venture’s authority and credibility over clients.
Forwarding such content to any potential members is possible through the data of a membership application process.
Content marketing benefits for business
- Lead marketing offers brighter and higher rewards at lower risk and cost
The new membership application form filled by an individual already shows a certain level of interest in your offerings as mentioned earlier. These members are far more likely to be receptive to your content marketing experiments than general ones.
General strategies include the leads generated from search engines or social media channels. Even after taking into consideration the low cost incurred in member content marketing, you’ll still make a guaranteed 35-40% profit.
- Customizing content for powerful engagement
Lead marketing through membership data is a highly customizable form of content marketing. Based on your member base’s behavior and preferences, you can easily tailor your text, notification, and newsletter content to always keep the engagement graph high.
One way of doing this is to have a customizable member registration form that offers versatile options to its users. Use business analytics data to figure out certain specific and common patterns and send content accordingly.
Additional benefits availed by the business include:
- Enhance analytics of your business through WordPress membership form
It’s simpler to keep a record of your marketing strategies since most content marketing platforms offer built-in analytics. This analysis and tracking system assists your team to add, customize and alter existing strategies and content as per past results.
- Long term marketing goals
Lead marketing tactics are the perfect marketing strategies since their efficiency has stood firm in the test of time. Investing in a lead marketing campaign through membership registrations is always a good idea in the long run.
How to create an online membership registration form for your WordPress website?
RegistrationMagic assists you in creating hundreds of forms with unrestricted fields for your WordPress website. These forms may range from event registration to school admission forms and many more.
You are free to create any specific kind of membership registration form using the plugin. Some examples could be gym membership forms, club membership forms, business community membership forms, etc.
You are free to customize and adjust the fields according to your needs as many times as necessary. This is the best WordPress plugin for membership, user registration, and log-in.
Additionally, RegistrationMagic delivers a lot of extra features for form creation
Try RegistrationMagic for Free.
Another wonderful plugin to have for your WordPress website is ProfileGrid memberships. This basically helps you to take registered member information to the next level. It’s a premium membership plugin that can create and manage profiles of your members.
Additionally, it can build communities for your coming and recurring events. It also assists users to socialize within a group.
- A website on WordPress: Click here to start with WordPress.
- Free RegistrationMagic plugin: Download/ Install from here.
- Premium RegistrationMagic plugin (optional but preferred): To unlock more personalized and advanced features.
Creating a basic membership form through RegistrationMagic
Primary steps for form creation:
Step 1: Add a new form from RegistrationMagic.
- Firstly, go to the RegistrationMagic plugin and click on “All Forms“.
- Next, click on “New Form” for building a new membership registration form.
Step 2: Give a title to the form.
- From the window that says “Create New Form“, add a name for your form.
- In our case, since we’re creating a membership form, that’s exactly what we’ll name it.
- We’re fashioning a very basic membership form here with no videos or images attached. This is not to mean that you can’t do that.
- Once done, from the ‘All forms page’, go to your new form’s ‘Fields’ section to proceed to add fields.
You’ll land on this page. This is the page from where you need to add all fields. This page is called the ‘Fields Manager’ page.
Steps for adding fields to the form
- From the image above, you can refer to the ‘Fields Manager’ window for adding all form fields.
- All the fields must be added to the form from the ‘All fields’ section. You’ll be able to find every single field you’ll require here.
- For example, text, radio buttons, checkboxes, video links, images, etc. all are present under this category.
Just to take a look at the good, here’s a glimpse of the vast variety of categories under the ‘Fields’ section that you can use. We’re forming a basic and precise membership registration form here. However, we can’t make use of all these fields in one form.
- Hence, to understand all the functionalities of the fields section better, you can try adding fields and then deleting them as per your wish.
Step3: Adding fields to the form
Given that the form we have in mind is a very basic and open one, we won’t make it extra refined. Therefore, we’ll create only a single sheet in the form. If needed, you can always build multipage forms easily with RegistrationMagic.
Let’s start to add fields to our form:
Simply go to the ‘All Fields‘ option and start clicking on the fields you’d prefer to add to your form. Firstly, we’ll add all basic fields and label them before moving on to the others.
Once a field is labeled, scroll down and click on the ‘Add to form’ option to save it.
- Email field is a default mandatory field in all RegistrationMagic forms. We won’t be able to remove it from any form and it’s a compulsory field. The field is very advantageous for email marketing.
- The username field is for the registering person to choose a login account username for themselves.
- The password field obviously, is for the individual to set an account password for themselves for security purposes.
- The first and last name fields are two different fields that we add to the form for the obvious reasons of getting the full name of the member.
- We use the mobile number category to get the contact number of the person before the membership. You can change and alter this according to your reach and other such specifications. This means you can add this field for international or local purposes in different formats.
- The terms and conditions checkbox is to get an affirmation from the member to agree to the business’s terms and conditions.
With that, we’ve added all important and necessary fields to our form. You can mark which fields are mandatory to fill and which aren’t from the fields settings themselves.
Additionally, you can also beautify the form by changing the aesthetics as much as you want through RegistrationMagic.
Step4: Publishing the form
Copy the shortcode of the form to a new page
Go back to the ‘All forms’ section. Copy the shortcode of the form
Now go to the ‘Pages’ option of the website backend. Click on ‘New page’
Add the main title of your form in the ‘Title’ blank and paste the shortcode in the ‘Main body’ of the page and click on ‘Publish’
With that, the full form publishing process is complete. However, if you wish to add this to the main menu of your website frontend, you can go to the ‘Appearance’ option on the website backend options and add this form to the menu and save it there.
Frontend view of our WordPress membership registration form sample
This is how your membership registration form sample will appear to the visitors of your website frontend.
Your business can certainly rely on RegistrationMagic in doing the right job for you. All you are required to act out on is adding the fields and rest assured about the efficiency and effectiveness of your form.
Try RegistrationMagic for Free.
Even better, RegistrationMagic is a plugin that blends with the theme of your website without having to make any additional customization.
Likewise, ProfileGrid is the premium plugin that will not only manage the user profiles but also manage memberships, member groups, and communities.
EventPrime is a single plugin that can efficiently take care of all your events upcoming and recurring in one place. You can get registrations, get live seats, passes, and tickets bookings all at once and in one place from this plugin.
- How to create a User Registration Form on WordPress - September 22, 2022
- Why RegistrationMagic is Unique from Other Contact Form Plugins? - September 15, 2022
- Create a Job Application Form on WordPress Website- In Depth Guide - September 14, 2022
- How to create an efficient Marriage Registration Form - November 26, 2021
- How to make a flexible vendor registration form for your business - November 24, 2021
- How to create a smart Membership Form for your WordPress website - November 22, 2021
- How to create a digital Preschool Registration Form - November 18, 2021
- How to make a creative Dance Registration Form with RegistrationMagic - November 16, 2021
- Expand your WordPress business theme with Customized User Registration Forms - November 15, 2021
- How to set up a simple Camp Registration Form for your business website - November 5, 2021