Introduction: Allow user registration multiple times
Registrations on WordPress site are one time affair. Each account bounds to a unique email address. Once a user is registered, his or her account is active until we remove it from the dashboard. Now, how about businesses that need user registration multiple times? Asking users to register each time with a separate email can be both impractical and downright annoying. As a result, we built a simple solution into RegistrationMagic. Registration forms created using RegistrationMagic on WordPress sites, allow user registration multiple times (or even different forms if it is to be). This goes for all registration forms created with RegistrationMagic automatically; no special lever to pull, no button to toggle.
How multiple user registration works!
First of all, let’s create a simple WordPress registration form. Then, let’s try registering a user using an email ID already associated with a dashboard account.
For user logged in, the Username and Password fields will not appear on the form and email field is automatically filled in with associated email address. On hitting submit, the form will be sent as usual. Please note, the user must be logged in to submit the form. He or She can submit the registration form as many times.
For user not logged in, the form will appear like this (As it would to any new visitor):
Note that submissions tab inside user page in dashboard stacks all submissions.
If we click on the first icon from left in a Submission table row, it will take us to the individual submission page. On that page, Related link on top shows the number of submissions by the user with quick links to view them.
So, we see that a single user can submit multiple forms easily on a WordPress site using RegistrationMagic. On the first attempt he/ she will fill some account specific information, but later these fields will not appear.
Registration form security
Note that there is security setting that might require tweaking if you want to go heavy on re-registrations. In Global Settings → Security, we introduced a limit on submission from a single device per day.
In the image above, you can see in from of Form Submission Limit For A Device is set to 10. It means if a user registers from same computer more than 10 times, the spam shield will not allow it. This applies even if email IDs are different each time. You can change the number to something more suitable to your website purpose.
This is how we allow user registration multiple times on RegistrationMagic. Now you can offer courses, classes and other stuff on your site allowing users to register for them all at once or one at a time.
- How to display registration forms on WordPress site? - July 26, 2022
- Create Your First WordPress Registration Page – Starter Guide - July 13, 2022
- Setup payments on Registration form using Products [Payments Guide] - June 10, 2022
- WordPress Registration Shortcodes List - April 14, 2022
- WordPress User Registration Status Guide - April 9, 2022
- How to add or update user profile fields using WordPress forms - August 5, 2020
- Boost RegistrationMagic User Profiles With ProfileGrid Integration - February 19, 2019
- Advance WordPress User Login Plugin Guide - August 8, 2018
- Create Intelligent Contact Form in WordPress [Breakthrough Ideas] - February 8, 2018
- How to Add Custom Fields to WooCommerce Checkout Form - November 3, 2017