Let’s start with the simple process of how you can translate this WordPress user registration plugin to the language of your choice.
All you need to do is head over to RegistrationMagic Translation Project, select your locale, and begin adding your translations.
Or you can follow the step-by-step guide given below.
There are three ways to translate WordPress plugins or themes into your preferred language:
- Translating directly on WordPress.org
- Translating locally using PO editor software
- And translating on your own website using Loco Translate
However, it is advised by the experts and much more beneficial if you translate WordPress plugins on WordPress.org.
Benefits of translating WordPress plugins on WordPress.org
The benefits of translating plugin on wordpress.org are;
- Very simple and easy process
- Takes very little time to translate WordPress plugins/ themes in any locale
- Also, helps the community grow (especially in different regions)
- Makes it easy for native people to enjoy the plugins/ themes in their own language
- Often, you get rewarded with the Premium version of plugin/ theme like here on RegistrationMagic,
- Here we are giving an opportunity to win RegistrationMagic Premium and/or RegistrationMagic Premium+ or MetaBundle(consists of Premium version of RegistrationMagic, ProfileGrid, and EventPrime)
Translate WordPress plugins on WordPress.org
Step2: Click on the RegistrationMagic and on the page, WordPress suggests you translate the plugin into your local language.
Stap3: Go ahead and click on ‘Help translate it!’ or ‘Development.’
Step4: On the Development page, click ‘Translate “RegistrationMagic – Custom Registration Forms and User Login” into your language.’
Step5: Further, on the next page you will get a list of languages in which you can translate RegistrationMagic.
Step6: Search for the language you want to translate the plugin in and click on it.
Step7: You can manually add translations to each statement by double-clicking on the translation column.
Step8: Click the ‘Suggest’ button once done adding the translation.
Step9: Once done translating, you can export the translation file by scrolling down to the page and clicking on Export.
Step10: The status of the submitted translations will go into ‘Waiting.’
Step11: Once your translation goes into the waiting phase, let us know through this contact form so that we can review it.
Translating RegistrationMagic offline on your computer
Step1: Go to the RegistrationMagic page on wordpress.org and download the file.
Step2: Open the zip file and click on the ‘Languages’ folder.
Step3: In the ‘Languages’ folder you will find .PO files.
Step5: Use the above tools to translate the plugin into your locale.
Step6: Once done create an account on WordPress.org, go to the plugin (example: RegistrationMagic) click on Development, then “Translate “RegistrationMagic – Custom Registration Forms and User Login” into your language.”
Step7: From the list of languages select the language in which you have translated the plugin in
Step8: Then select “Stable (latest release)”
Step9: Further, scroll all the way down till you find Import Translations
Step10: On the next window select the Translate File
Step11: Finally once you select the file click on Import (It will upload the translations)
Step12: Once uploaded the translations will go into a Waiting state, once done let us know through the contact form and we will review the translations
(Note: Only upload the translated .po file, it is not required to upload any other file or folder from the plugin.)
Our team will review and verify the translations and get back to you. Once the core version is translated, we will give you access to the RegistrationMagic Premium for free, and for translating RegistrationMagic Premium Verison we will give access to RegistrationMagic Premium+ or MetaBundle for free.
Please note: If the plugin is already translated to a particular language in which you want to translate the plugin, we will not process the request in that case.
Hence, we request you to re-check and make sure that the plugin is not already translated into the language that you are willing to translate it in.
Translate WordPress Plugins using the Loco Translate plugin
With this method, you can translate any WordPress theme or plugin right on your own website using the LOCO translate plugin:
Step1: You’ll need a translation plugin to translate RegistrationMagic on your website. You can use the Loco translate plugin.
Step2: Click on the Loco translate plugin link and download the plugin file for free.
Step3: Next, go to the website ‘Dashboard’ and install the plugin.
Step4: Next, go to Plugin Pages on the left menu bar of this plugin.
Step5: Further, click the RegistrationMagic link on the page.
Step6: Here you can select the Local language in which you want to translate the plugin files.
Step7: In addition to that, select the location and click ‘Start Translating.’ The page will automatically redirect to the Editor Tab.
Step8: Use the Filter translation Field and search the string X that you wish to translate. The String X will be displayed in the source text box.
Step9: Further, go ahead and insert the string Y in the Translation Box. Save the translation.
Step10: Now String X will be replaced by String Y.
Get RegistrationMagic for Free as a Reward
Send us a contact request once you have translated the RegistrationMagic core to your locale so that our team can review the translations.
Translations must be available through wordpress.org, irrespective of which method you use. We cannot accept the translation files on the email system. You need to upload the files directly to WordPress.org so the translations are available through your account. (check above process)
We will offer you a RegistrationMagic Premium for free if you have done 85% of the translations and the translations are good. If you will help us in translating the RegistrationMagic Premium Version we will offer you RegistrationMagic Premium+ or MetaBundle, as per your preference, completely free!
In a nutshell, this is where the translation project stands for RegistrationMagic:
- Boost RegistrationMagic Event Forms with EventPrime Integration - April 5, 2019
- How to Translate RegistrationMagic to your Language - September 14, 2018
- 6 Reasons to Ditch Your Current WordPress Contact Form - June 24, 2018
- Best WordPress Registration Plugin – Top 5 Exclusive Features - June 17, 2018
- WordPress Forms Security Best Practices [Security Guide] - March 8, 2018
- 7 Unique Ways to Setup WordPress New User Registration - March 7, 2018
- Submitting Form Before Collecting Payment [Breakthrough Ideas] - March 3, 2018
- Autofill Contact Form Fields from User Account [Breakthrough Ideas] - February 26, 2018
- Match Form Design with WordPress Theme Automatically [Breakthrough Ideas] - February 21, 2018
- How to Get More User Data Using Form Analytics - February 19, 2018