Submit WordPress form data to external url
Submitting WordPress form data to external url is part of RegistrationMagic integration with third-party services. This process is accomplished using the HTTP POST Protocol.
The external server acts as an data storage manager for storing form submission data. This is useful while maintaining multiple databases for form submissions. The URL you embed must be configured to capture data sent by the form.
You can also configure the third-party server as form data backup. Let’s learn the process of sending form submission data to external URL.
Go to Registrationmagic plugin. Click “All Forms”.
Click on “Dashboard” from any form. This will take you to the dashboard page. Go to Post Submission settings under the Configure category.
Navigate to the Post Submission page. The first field configures form success message. The next field generates a unique registration number for the user.
This field is followed by a Redirection field. It allows you to redirect your user to a page on form submission. You can also direct your user to a preferred URL.
Configuring the “Send submitted data to external URL” feature
The next field is a checkbox with the message “Send submitted data to External URL”. Choose a URL of third party server. All the data will be redirected to the database of the external server.
The rule is triggered every time the form is submitted by your user.
As an example, we have filled the URL with https://newdatabase.com/form-submission-data/ as the link to the external server. All form submission data is stored at that URL.
Click on Save. Go back to your form.
You have now integrated form submission database with a third-party URL. This external server will hold your data post submission.
- How to Force Strong Password on WordPress Users - August 5, 2018
- How to Add Terms and Conditions Checkbox to WordPress form - August 3, 2018
- How to Disable WordPress User Without Deleting Their Account - August 2, 2018
- Publish Registration Forms And Display Registered Users [Complete Guide] - August 1, 2018
- How to create custom user area page in WordPress - July 27, 2018
- How to display WordPress form using HTML code - July 26, 2018
- How to display WordPress form using shortcode - July 25, 2018
- How to display form as landing page in WordPress site - July 22, 2018
- How to Display Slider Pop Up Form in WordPress - July 21, 2018
- Event Registration Form Plugin - July 5, 2018