Submit WordPress form data to external url
Submitting WordPress form data to external url is part of RegistrationMagic integration with third-party services. This process is accomplished using the HTTP POST Protocol.
The external server acts as an data storage manager for storing form submission data. This is useful while maintaining multiple databases for form submissions. The URL you embed must be configured to capture data sent by the form.
You can also configure the third-party server as form data backup. Let’s learn the process of sending form submission data to external URL.
Go to Registrationmagic plugin. Click “All Forms”.
Click on “Dashboard” from any form. This will take you to the dashboard page. Go to Post Submission settings under the Configure category.
Navigate to the Post Submission page. The first field configures form success message. The next field generates a unique registration number for the user.
This field is followed by a Redirection field. It allows you to redirect your user to a page on form submission. You can also direct your user to a preferred URL.
Configuring the “Send submitted data to external URL” feature
The next field is a checkbox with the message “Send submitted data to External URL”. Choose a URL of third party server. All the data will be redirected to the database of the external server.
The rule is triggered every time the form is submitted by your user.
As an example, we have filled the URL with https://newdatabase.com/form-submission-data/ as the link to the external server. All form submission data is stored at that URL.
Click on Save. Go back to your form.
You have now integrated form submission database with a third-party URL. This external server will hold your data post submission.
- How to Add Conditions to Fields in WordPress Form - June 15, 2018
- Automate Actions on WordPress Form Payment Status - June 5, 2018
- Automate actions on WordPress form field values - June 4, 2018
- Automation Based on WordPress Form Payment Gateway - June 3, 2018
- Automation On WordPress User Account Activation or Deactivation - May 29, 2018
- How to submit WordPress form data to external url - May 28, 2018
- Automation Based On WordPress Form Submission Time - May 27, 2018
- Redirect user to specific page after form submission - May 27, 2018
- Configure WordPress Form Notification Emails to Users and Admin - May 26, 2018
- Setting up automated Emails for WordPress forms - May 25, 2018