Additional Email field and its use
This post is not about mandatory Email field, but about additional Email field. Note that the primary Email address appears on the form all the time and is irremovable. The additional field allow you to add a separate Email address, which can be included for safety and backup reasons.
Step by Step Tutorial
From your WordPress dashboard go to the “All Forms” section in RegistrationMagic. Go to “Field Manager”.
Click Add Fields. Then, click “E-Mail” field under “Special Fields”.
Configuring your additional Email field
Navigate to additional Email field settings. The first option Field Type remains as E-Mail which cannot be altered.
The field type is primarily a single line text field. A label is displayed on form’s front-end. In this tutorial, we will fill the Label field with “E-mail”.
Navigate to Icon Settings. This will create an Icon/avatar just before the field where the user will enter the text. Select any one of the icons and close the setting.
Icon Colour and Icon Container options assign particular color to the icon and background color of the icon container respectively. Container capacity and Container shape sets the capacity and shape of the icon’s container.
Go to advanced settings.
A custom CSS class attribute can only be applied if the class is pre-defined in the coded file.
Required Field is mandatory field, which user must fill before submitting the form. Navigate to “Accept only Unique values” field. This field restrict user input to unique value across all users. Next, click “Add this field to User Account” to add additional Email field to field manager.
Adding the additional Email field to WordPress form
Go to RM “All forms”. Copy the shortcode. Navigate to the “All Pages” section. Create new page. Paste the shortcode. Click update.
Go back to “All Forms” and click on Add to Form.
The form front-end will not display additional Email field.
- Setting-up autoresponder Email message to user after form submission - May 22, 2018
- Assign unique registration token number to user - May 21, 2018
- WordPress Form Number Field Setup Tutorial - May 18, 2018
- Summer Camp Form Templates [Frequently Used] - May 9, 2018
- WordPress User Roles, Permissions & Role Editor [Complete Guide] - May 8, 2018
- Publish Registration Form with Page Builder’s WordPress Register Widget - May 6, 2018
- 3 Must Have Plugins For WordPress Sites - May 5, 2018
- Mask User Input in WordPress form - May 4, 2018
- How to add additional email field to your WordPress Form - May 3, 2018
- How to add registration feed to your WordPress form - May 1, 2018