Additional Email field and its use
This post is not about mandatory Email field, but about additional Email field. Note that the primary Email address appears on the form all the time and is irremovable. The additional field allow you to add a separate Email address, which can be included for safety and backup reasons.
Step by Step Tutorial
From your WordPress dashboard go to the “All Forms” section in RegistrationMagic. Go to “Field Manager”.
Click Add Fields. Then, click “E-Mail” field under “Special Fields”.
Configuring your additional Email field
Navigate to additional Email field settings. The first option Field Type remains as E-Mail which cannot be altered.
The field type is primarily a single line text field. A label is displayed on form’s front-end. In this tutorial, we will fill the Label field with “E-mail”.
Navigate to Icon Settings. This will create an Icon/avatar just before the field where the user will enter the text. Select any one of the icons and close the setting.
Icon Colour and Icon Container options assign particular color to the icon and background color of the icon container respectively. Container capacity and Container shape sets the capacity and shape of the icon’s container.
Go to advanced settings.
A custom CSS class attribute can only be applied if the class is pre-defined in the coded file.
Required Field is mandatory field, which user must fill before submitting the form. Navigate to “Accept only Unique values” field. This field restrict user input to unique value across all users. Next, click “Add this field to User Account” to add additional Email field to field manager.
Adding the additional Email field to WordPress form
Go to RM “All forms”. Copy the shortcode. Navigate to the “All Pages” section. Create new page. Paste the shortcode. Click update.
Go back to “All Forms” and click on Add to Form.
The form front-end will not display additional Email field.
- How to Allow WordPress Login and Registration using Email - October 5, 2018
- How to Display WordPress Member Directory - October 1, 2018
- How to Create WordPress Form With Payment Option - September 30, 2018
- How to Disable WordPress Admin Bar for all Users Except Admin - September 29, 2018
- How to Disable New User Notification Emails in WordPress - September 28, 2018
- How to Add New Users And Authors in WordPress Blog - September 27, 2018
- How to Restrict WordPress User Access by Passphrase Code - September 26, 2018
- How to Restrict User Access by Date in WordPress - September 25, 2018
- How to Restrict WordPress Forms by User Roles - September 24, 2018
- How to Configure Registration Form in WordPress - September 12, 2018