How to Mask user input in WordPress form?
Masked fields are available in the RegistrationMagic plugin. Masking is mainly done to protect data, which might be sensitive or personal such as phone numbers, dates, social security numbers and tax ID. As additional security measure, you may also want to mask confidential user data so it’s invisible in the browser. Let’s learn how to mask user input in WordPress form.
Navigating to the Masked Field
From your WordPress dashboard go to the “All Forms” section in RegistrationMagic. Go to “Field Manager”.
Click Add Field. Then, click “Masked Field” field under “Special Fields”.
You will be navigate to the page where you can configure masked field.
Customizing the Masked field
Assigning “Label” as Masked field will create a modifiable field queued in the Field Manager queue. The next setting is a Placeholder text.
Move along the page and click on advanced settings.
The first option is to apply a CSS class attribute. Note that this attribute can be applied only if it is defined in the coded HTML file.
The field “Maximum Length” sets the range for the number of characters to include in the masked field. Check “Required Field” to make the field mandatory to be filled. Next, Add this field to User Account to add field to RegistrationMagic form.
Configuring the masked field into your WordPress form
Go to RM “All forms”. Copy shortcode. Navigate to the “All Pages” section. Create new page. Paste the shortcode. Click Update.
Go to form page. You have now successfully added mask field to your WordPress form. This field will now mask user input in WordPress form.
This completes our tutorial on how to mask user input in WordPress form.
- How to Force Strong Password on WordPress Users - August 5, 2018
- How to Add Terms and Conditions Checkbox to WordPress form - August 3, 2018
- How to Disable WordPress User Without Deleting Their Account - August 2, 2018
- Publish Registration Forms And Display Registered Users [Complete Guide] - August 1, 2018
- How to create custom user area page in WordPress - July 27, 2018
- How to display WordPress form using HTML code - July 26, 2018
- How to display WordPress form using shortcode - July 25, 2018
- How to display form as landing page in WordPress site - July 22, 2018
- How to Display Slider Pop Up Form in WordPress - July 21, 2018
- Event Registration Form Plugin - July 5, 2018