How to Mask user input in WordPress form?
Masked fields are available in the RegistrationMagic plugin. Masking is mainly done to protect data, which might be sensitive or personal such as phone numbers, dates, social security numbers and tax ID. As additional security measure, you may also want to mask confidential user data so it’s invisible in the browser. Let’s learn how to mask user input in WordPress form.
Navigating to the Masked Field
From your WordPress dashboard go to the “All Forms” section in RegistrationMagic. Go to “Field Manager”.
Click Add Field. Then, click “Masked Field” field under “Special Fields”.
You will be navigate to the page where you can configure masked field.
Customizing the Masked field
Assigning “Label” as Masked field will create a modifiable field queued in the Field Manager queue. The next setting is a Placeholder text.
Move along the page and click on advanced settings.
The first option is to apply a CSS class attribute. Note that this attribute can be applied only if it is defined in the coded HTML file.
The field “Maximum Length” sets the range for the number of characters to include in the masked field. Check “Required Field” to make the field mandatory to be filled. Next, Add this field to User Account to add field to RegistrationMagic form.
Configuring the masked field into your WordPress form
Go to RM “All forms”. Copy shortcode. Navigate to the “All Pages” section. Create new page. Paste the shortcode. Click Update.
Go to form page. You have now successfully added mask field to your WordPress form. This field will now mask user input in WordPress form.
This completes our tutorial on how to mask user input in WordPress form.
- How to Allow WordPress Login and Registration using Email - October 5, 2018
- How to Display WordPress Member Directory - October 1, 2018
- How to Create WordPress Form With Payment Option - September 30, 2018
- How to Disable WordPress Admin Bar for all Users Except Admin - September 29, 2018
- How to Disable New User Notification Emails in WordPress - September 28, 2018
- How to Add New Users And Authors in WordPress Blog - September 27, 2018
- How to Restrict WordPress User Access by Passphrase Code - September 26, 2018
- How to Restrict User Access by Date in WordPress - September 25, 2018
- How to Restrict WordPress Forms by User Roles - September 24, 2018
- How to Configure Registration Form in WordPress - September 12, 2018