Add drop down field to WordPress registration form
“Drop Down” is similar to Radio buttons offering scalable options. In this tutorial, you will learn how to add drop down field to WordPress form.
From your WordPress dashboard go to the “All Forms” section in RegistrationMagic. Hover on any of the forms and click on the “Fields” hyperlink which is also termed as the “Field Manager”.
Step by Step Tutorial
This will navigate you to a new page with numerous pre-created fields. Click on “Add Field” from the operations box. A pop-up appears immediately. Take your cursor to the “Drop Down” hyperlink just under the common fields section and click on it.
This will navigate you to a page from which you will be able to configure the Drop-Down field. Assign the field type as Drop down. Fill “Label” with “Country” as text.
You will have to enter a number of countries in the “Options (values separated by a comma. “,”). As an example, fill them with the name of 3 countries Canada, U.S.A, U.K.
Just below that, you will find a field to enter a hover text. This text will appear as a popup as soon as you hover your cursor across the drop-down field. Come down to “Icon Settings”. Here you would be able to choose the modifications you want to apply to the icon.
You can fiddle with the color, capacity, shape, and all other icons. Under icon settings, you will be able to notice “Advanced Settings”. This is the place from where you can apply rules and upgraded settings with ease.
Under advanced settings, you can see the CSS class attribute. Fill the default value field with Canada so that the field presents Canada as the default choice.
Below this is the “Required Field” which will appear as a field with an asterisk at the corner. The next checkbox is “Add this field to User Account” which showcases this value in RegistrationMagic’s “User Manager Area”. The last part allows users to edit features on the form even after they have submitted them.
Now go back to RM “All forms” and copy the embedded shortcode from the form.
Navigate to the “All Pages” section from “Pages” on the WordPress dashboard. Drill into the page where your form lies. In this case, we will be using “Sample Form”.
Paste the shortcode in the body section of the page. Click update. Go back to your “Drop Down” settings and click on “Add to Form”. Notice a link just under the heading named “Sample Page”. Click on the link and you will find your form configured with a “Drop Down”.
Here is a front end view of what your drop down will look like on the WordPress form.
This completes our tutorial on how to add drop down field to WordPress form.
- How to Approve WordPress User Accounts Without Logging Into Dashboard - January 25, 2021
- How to Set up Two Factor Authentication in WordPress - April 4, 2019
- How to Edit or Replace Default WordPress Registration Form - April 2, 2019
- How to Check WordPress Form Submission in Dashboard - March 29, 2019
- How to Allow Users to Edit WordPress Forms After Submission - January 31, 2019
- WordPress Class Registration Plugin – Enrol Users, Collect Payments & More - November 28, 2018
- WordPress User Management Plugin Guide - November 27, 2018
- How to Allow WordPress Login and Registration using Email - October 5, 2018
- How to Display WordPress Member Directory - October 1, 2018
- How to Disable WordPress Admin Bar for all Users Except Admin - September 29, 2018