Elections and voting processes are extensive and strenuous as they are. Although, the voter registration process commences far before the actual process of voting begins. Therefore, a smart voter registration form encourages a smooth flow of this process in more than one way.
The voter registration process takes place across the globe prior to elections for verification purposes. This process aims at supporting the election commission of the country or other subsidiary bodies in the case of politics. In business, this concerns publically listed companies.
For the sake of clarity, we’ll take the reference of political elections in this article. The fundamental purpose of this process is to collect detailed identification data from the voters. The main motive is to keep a track of the authentic data of the voters for verification during elections.
The voter registration process done on paper can be really complex and difficult to manage for numerous reasons. This process is indeed getting outdated.
In light of this fact, nations worldwide are switching to online voter registration. An online voter registration system doesn’t just stop at registration but also provides eVoting options too. An online voter registration form is the solution to think of for this scenario.
Before we dive deep, let’s brush up on some foundations that will remain our staples throughout the length of this article.
What is a voter registration form?
Checking eligibility is one of the prerequisites of verifying voter entitlement. The electoral systems attach fundamental criteria to them. Voter registration happens to be one of them.
Essentially, this system through the voter entry form collects detailed data about the person. This in turn assists in verification and confirms the eligibility of being a voter. Filling out a voter registration application form in such a case becomes mandatory on an electoral roll.
Above all, this form gathers personal data from the potential voter along with identification proofs. The details to be collected in the form are decided by the enrollment agency. Again, their respective jurisdictions influence the decisions of each one of the enrollment agencies.
However, providing all these details as per the latest changes is mandatory.
The governments of every country have different regulations against the renewal of the voter lists. These may vary highly from region to region. Therefore, the data that a previous voter form collected might not exist till the next election. This calls for the registration renewal of voters’ data.
What is the purpose of a voter registration form?
The underlying idea for this article is to know and be able to design a voter entry form. Hence, we’re going to look at some purposes that such a form essentially serves. These are to be kept in mind while designing one too.
- Voter eligibility: A voter entry application form helps in the pre-identification of voters. This has to do with the fact that it is almost impossible to identify voters at the polling booth during elections.
- Candidate eligibility: Yet another very significant purpose this form serves. Authorities use this form to pre-verify candidature eligibility to avoid hassle during the nomination period.
- Political party members eligibility: We can use this form as a means to keep a check on political party member registrations. This helps in verifying the voting qualifications of such members.
- Control on integrity: A voter form helps keep a check on multiple registrations. This keeps the voting authentic by avoiding impersonation and multiple voting.
- Creation of IDs: Above all, such a form also helps in producing all voter IDs through the collected data.
- Poll planning: A voter registration application form helps in planning overall poll dynamics. From locations to booths, everything.
- Voter register creation: Voter register creation is one of the ultimate goals of this entire process. A voter form helps create a list of names for eligible voters for reference during the voting period.
- New and repeating voters: One of the many uses of this form includes categorization too. The election commission or other parallel authorities would want to know information like such. Knowing how many new people are voting and how many old voters are continuing to vote is essential.
- Voter education: Voter forms in a way, educate the population through the rich information they provide. They also help the authorities gain knowledge on the demographics of the voters.
- Voter registration data for political parties: The data collected through such a form helps political parties understand the campaign goals and agenda better.
- Non-electoral utilization: The information collected through this form is also used by governments agencies like jury lists, law enforcement agencies, etc.
It’s highly important to note that being proponents of the online electoral system, we favor the entire above-mentioned process to occur online. Numerous nations have already started implementing this system.
You can read in-depth about elections and technology here.
What benefits does an online voter registration form offer over traditional ones?
An online voter entry form helps both the participants and organizers in ample ways. As you start evaluating the capabilities of an online form, you’ll find yourself getting used to these irreplaceable benefits.
Let’s take a look at them from both ends, shall we?
Benefits to the participants
- Time-saving method of voter registration.
- Improved quality of customer support through interactive forms.
- A secure and convenient method of registration and payment (if required).
- Receive prompt confirmation of safe data submission.
- Access to form right after their release.
- Receive emails, notifications other updates.
- Enter multiple registrations and access to updates.
- Quick online support through FAQs and demo videos on filling the form.
Benefits to the organizers or authorities
- Paperless time-saving process. Additionally, it’s also physical energy-saving.
- Secure procedure. No risk of data threat.
- 24/7 availability of forms is another added advantage.
- Management of data in a highly centralized manner is beneficial.
- Improvement in the overall efficiency of the voter registration system management.
- Customized registration and openness to alterations.
- Detailed auto-generated reporting.
- Improvement in overall accessibility improvement.
- Beneficial in guiding further government surveys.
How to create a voter entry form for your WordPress website?
RegistrationMagic allows you to create hundreds of forms with unrestricted fields for your website. These forms may range from event registration to admission forms.
You are free to customize and alter the fields as per your requirements as many times as necessary. An online voter registration form is just one example of the wonders that this plugin can do.
Another great plugin to have is ProfileGrid memberships. This essentially helps you to take registered user information to the next level. It’s a premium membership plugin that can create and manage profiles of your users.
Additionally, it can create communities for your upcoming and recurring events. It also helps users socialize within a group.
How can RegistrationMagic help you create a secure voter registration form?
Unlike other form creation tools on and off WordPress, RegistrationMagic helps you create your forms with the utmost security. With easy features and safe backend management settings, consider the task of data security for your submissions done.
Here are a handful of examples as to how our plugin helps keep your voter registration form secure:
- The approach of privacy-by-design: By keen observation and years of expertise, we have altered the core of operating. RegistrationMagic helps you adopt a completely new and specially curated framework for form building. For this framework, security by design is the top priority.
- Multifactor verification: Similarly, using multifactor authentication for all our secured forms, we ensure that your data stays between you the participant only. Therefore, through two-way verification, we provide restricted access to the data collected.
- Multi-backup: Our backend management provides you the luxury of creating multiple backups for the invaluable data collected. This way if data is accidentally hampered at one place, it’ll remain secure in another.
- Loss prevention system: Before your blunders get converted into big mistakes, our system will send you an account error notification in case of actual errors or for verification.
- Smart security against third-party access: Data collected through our forms are not vulnerable to trackers or third parties if you’ve implemented smart security measures.
The ultimate guide to creating a voter entry form using RegistrationMagic
Fundamental steps for form creation:
Step 1: Adding a new form using RegistrationMagic.
- Firstly, click on the RegistrationMagic plugin and click on “All Forms“.
- Next, click on “New Form” for creating a new voter registration form.
Step 2: Adding a new name for the form.
- In the window that says “Create New Form“, add a title for your form.
- Since we’re creating a voter registration form, that’s what we’ll name it. For reference, we’ll take the example of a voter registration system organized by AZX city. For instance, AZX City is located in the USA.
- We’re fashioning a very basic form here with no videos or images attached. This doesn’t mean you can’t do that. We’ll tell you how to do that in the coming steps.
- After that, from the ‘All forms page’, click on your new form’s ‘Fields’ section to proceed to add fields
You’ll land on this page. This is the page from where you need to add all fields. This page is called the ‘Fields Manager’ page.
Steps for adding form fields
- From the above image, you can refer to the ‘Fields Manager’ page for adding all form fields.
- All the fields are to be added to the form from the ‘All fields’ section. You’ll find every single field you’ll require here.
- For instance, text, radio buttons, checkboxes, video links, images, etc. all lie under this category.
- Just to gander at the good, here’s a glimpse of all the vast range of categories under the ‘Fields’ section that you can use. We’re creating a basic voter registration form here. However, we won’t make use of all these fields.
- Therefore, to understand all functionalities better, you can try adding fields and then deleting them as per your wish. It’s not permanent ink!
Step3: Adding fields to the form
Since the form we have in mind is a very basic and open one, we won’t make it extra refined. Therefore, we’ll add only a single sheet to the form. If need be, you can always create multipage forms easily through RegistrationMagic.
Let’s start adding fields to our form:
Just go to the ‘All Fields’ section and start clicking on the fields you’d like to add to your form. We’ll first add all basic fields and label them before moving on to the others.
Once a field is labeled, scroll down and click on the ‘Add to form’ option to add it to the form.
As you see from the image above, we’ve added all basic fields for the participant. We’ve also labeled them clearly. Next to each field label, you can see the field category used to create it. Mentioned below are the field category details:
- Email field is a default field in all RegistrationMagic forms. We can’t remove it from any form and is a mandatory field.
- The first and last name fields are two different fields added to the form for the obvious reasons of getting the full name of the participant.
- We add the birth date field to the form to get the D.O.B of the participant. This field can be filled in the DD/MM/YYYY format.
- We use the mobile number category to get the contact number of the person. You can customize this according to your reach specifications. This means you can add this field for international or local purposes.
- The image upload field has been used to get the image of the participant. The image can be uploaded in JPEG, Png, or other formats.
- In addition, we use the address field to get the location and residence details of the person.
The fields used for advanced categories are:
- The radio button field asks a short question. This aims at asking the person whether or not they are a US citizen. This field is usually used to ask gender, yes/no questions, etc. We have also used this field to ask the voter if or not they’ve voted before.
- We use the checkbox field to find out if or not the person wants to show affiliation to a certain political party. Alternatively, radio buttons can also be used here. Although, one should keep in mind that checkboxes allow you to select multiple options while the radio button doesn’t.
- The text field asks the person a brief text question about the name of the political party they are affiliated to if any.
- The T&C checkbox field helps us add the terms and conditions that the participant agrees with. Here we use it to mention all the declaration points for the person to read from and then click the checkbox as an agreement.
- One can use the file upload option to take any kind of file-based submission. This may include excel files, PDFs, JPEG files, etc. The difference between file and image upload options is that the latter can only upload image-based files.
- The ESign field allows the person to upload their digital signature to the form directly.
With that, we’ve added all necessary fields to our form. You can mark which fields are compulsory and which aren’t from the fields settings themselves.
Additionally, you can also change the visuals and aesthetics of your form as much as you want through RegistrationMagic.
Step4: Publishing the form
Copy the shortcode to a new page
Go back to the ‘All forms’ section. Copy the shortcode of the form
Now go to the ‘Pages’ section of the website backend. Click on ‘New page’
Add the actual title of your form in the ‘Title’ section and paste the shortcode in the ‘Main body’ of the page and click on ‘Publish’
With that, the entire form publishing process is complete. Although, if you wish to add this to the main menu of your website, you can go to the ‘Appearance’ option on the website backend options and add this form to the menu and save it.
Frontend view of a basic voter registration form sample
This is how your form will appear to the participants on your website frontend.
You can trust RegistrationMagic in doing the right job for you. All you have to do is add the fields and rest assured about the efficiency of your form.
Furthermore, RegistrationMagic is a plugin that blends with the theme of your website without any extra customization. Similarly, ProfileGrid is the premium plugin that will not only manage the user profiles but also manage membership.
ProfileGrid helps you create groups for your upcoming events through the data gathered by RegistrationMagic.
This plugin further helps members to interact and socialize within the groups. It can be used as your go-to plugin for discussions for any event. Events? How do you plan out those events?
EventPrime is a single plugin that can manage all your events upcoming and recurring in one place. You can take registrations, get live seats, passes, and tickets bookings all at once from this plugin.
- How to create an efficient Marriage Registration Form - November 26, 2021
- How to make a flexible vendor registration form for your business - November 24, 2021
- How to create a smart Membership Form for your WordPress website - November 22, 2021
- How to create a digital Preschool Registration Form - November 18, 2021
- How to make a creative Dance Registration Form with RegistrationMagic - November 16, 2021
- Expand your WordPress business theme with Customized User Registration Forms - November 15, 2021
- How to set up a simple Camp Registration Form for your business website - November 5, 2021
- How to Build a Multi-purpose Church Registration Form Effortlessly - October 29, 2021
- How to create a virtual conference registration form with RegsitrationMagic - October 26, 2021
- How to create a User Registration Form on WordPress - October 22, 2021