Webinars or web-based seminars are an essential part of individual training and growth. Multinational companies and even small growth-oriented firms usually conduct webinars. Colleges, schools, and other training and educational institutions also organize webinars. A webinar registration form usually helps in popularising your event among the audience.
The purpose of conducting a webinar is usually to enhance the knowledge and skills of the people attending it on a certain subject. This subject is the center of the webinar.
Hence, a webinar entry form in this aspect helps us take details of the participants which in turn helps us enhance the content of the webinar.
Webinars, as mentioned above, are a source of skill development for students and working professionals. In addition, the data that these groups provide to an institution is of immense benefit for its growth and development.
This is where a webinar signup form plays an important role.
For instance, your institution needs to host a webinar on ‘SEO skills development. All you have to do is create a webinar signup form on your website and share it with your audience right away. Additionally, you can link this form to search engine pages for better promotion.
Let’s look into the various aspects of webinars, their use as a marketing strategy, and the ultimate guide to preparing a webinar registration form.
What is a webinar participation process?
Ideally, this denotes a process of people asking permission to attend a webinar conducted by an institution.
Whether it’s a formal or informal, small or large scale, paid or free event, an online webinar registration process provides a seamless experience. Both parties, the organizers and the attendees are able to feel this seamless experience.
The online webinar registration process makes it so much easier for the organizers to promote the event to a wider audience. It also helps in deleting the complex headcount and structuring of physically collected data. It also allows the chance for advancements and changes.
Significance of a webinar registration form
The webinar signup form is the backbone of the actual webinar event. The data that you gather from a webinar form helps you in many ways. One of these benefits can help you channel your event’s presentation and tailoring to fit your audience’s preference well.
All aspects of the actual session can be planned in the best possible way through this data.
The form in itself holds a lot of control over the person’s decision whether or not to attend the event. This is especially true for first-time organizers. Therefore, the first appeal of your webinar participation form is very important in putting a good impression on you and your institution.
Additionally, the information that you’ll gather through your form is useful for so many marketing and quality enhancement endeavors. Quality improvement takes up vision with such first-hand data.
How can a webinar participation form help in sales strategies? We’ll discuss this in the next section of this article.
Remember, knowledge makes you powerful. Access to data is the biggest power. You can use this data to generate sales leads and boost conversion rates.
The collection of such data from time to time helps you direct your advertising strategy the best.
Webinar as a sales-boosting tool
Any kind of webinar registration form provides excellent marketing strategies.
- A webinar registration form offers a chance to collect valuable marketing data.
- Since people filling the form spare some time out to fill it, you can make use of the opportunity and know your audience better.
- Improving the experience for the audience should always be the focus. Using this data, you can plan these things out exactly as per your customer base’s preferences.
- Far beyond the numbers, this information also helps you guide your marketing strategy for the webinar platforms, collaterals, etc.
- Using the webinar form to collect qualitative data is a smart practice. Different business segments aside from the marketing team can make use of this information such as the growth and quality control team, customer service team, etc.
Highlights of a good webinar registration form
All webinar signup forms should be informative and clear of their objectives. Ideally, it should aim at converting the visitors to attendees of the event. Additionally, a sharp and precise form is bound to give clarity on the subject.
When discussing the actual content of your form, consider these essential areas for it:
- Title of the webinar: As a rule of thumb, the first thing getting highlighted on your registration form should be its title. After that, give it professional names for people to remember it and on a good chance, spread the word for it.
- Details: Tell your audience a little about the webinar. Hence, this description is supposed to be planned in a smart way. Above all, this is what lures the audience into reading the rest of the sheet.
- Date and Time: Make this very obvious point clear to your audience. Therefore, mention this in bold and bright letters and make sure to check before posting.
- Platform: Add a platform to your webinar form.
- Presenter(s): Mention details of the star performer of the show. Tell your audience why they shouldn’t miss the opportunity in one single sentence.
- Price (if any): The most important highlight of the form, the price field.
How to create a webinar registration form for your WordPress website?
RegistrationMagic allows you to create hundreds of forms with unrestricted fields for your website. These forms may range from event registration to admission forms.
You are free to customize and alter the fields as per your requirements as many times as necessary.
Additionally, RegistrationMagic delivers numerous extra features for form creation. These include :
- Create Unlimited Forms
- Form Card view with at-a-glance information of participants
- Quick form creator
- Built-in login system
- Submission counter on form card
- Default form selector
- Shortcode system for forms
- Submissions Dashboard Widget
- Submissions under User profile
- Sort form cards
- Duplicate forms
- Broadcast email messages to all users plus personalize messages
- Quick view of recipients for each form
- Customization of forms on various categories and many more.
Another great plugin to have is ProfileGrid memberships. This essentially helps you to take registered user information to the next level. It’s a premium membership plugin that can create and manage profiles of your users.
Additionally, it can create communities for your upcoming and recurring events. It also helps users socialize within a group.
- A website based on WordPress: Click here to start with WordPress.
- Free RegistrationMagic plugin: Download/ Install from here.
- Premium RegistrationMagic plugin (optional but preferred): For enabling more hyper-personalized advanced features.
Creating a webinar form through RegistrationMagic: Step-by-step guide
Fundamental steps for form creation:
Step 1: Adding a new form using RegistrationMagic.
- Firstly, click on the RegistrationMagic plugin and click on “All Forms“.
- Next, click on “New Form” for creating a new webinar form.
Step 2: Adding a new name for the form.
- In the window that says “Create New Form“, add a title for your form.
- Since we’re creating a webinar registration form, that’s what we’ll name it. For reference, we’ll take the example of a webinar registration form conducted by a business for SEO skills development.
- We’re fashioning a very basic form here with no videos or images attached. This doesn’t mean you can’t do that. We’ll tell you how to do that in the coming steps.
- After that, from the ‘All forms page’, click on your new form’s ‘Fields’ section to proceed to add fields.
You’ll land on this page. This is the page from where you need to add all fields. This page is called the ‘Fields Manager’ page.
Steps for adding form fields
- From the above image, you can refer to the ‘Fields Manager’ page for adding all form fields.
- All the fields are to be added to the form from the ‘All fields’ section. You’ll find every single field you’ll require here.
- For instance, text, radio buttons, checkboxes, video links, images, etc. all lie under this category.
- Just to gander at the good, here’s a glimpse of all the vast range of categories under the ‘Fields’ section that you can use. We’re creating a basic and precise event registration form here. However, we won’t make use of all these fields.
- Therefore, to understand all functionalities better, you can try adding fields and then deleting them as per your wish.
Step3: Adding fields to the form
Since the form we have in mind is a very basic and open one, we won’t make it extra refined. Therefore, we’ll add only a single sheet to the form. If need be, you can always create multipage forms easily through RegistrationMagic.
Let’s start adding fields to our form:
Just go to the ‘All Fields’ section and start clicking on the fields you’d like to add to your form. We’ll first add all basic fields and label them before moving on to the others.
Once a field is labelled, scroll down and click on the ‘Add to form’ option to add it to the form.
- Email field is a default field in all RegistrationMagic forms. We can’t remove it from any form and is a mandatory field.
- The first and last name fields are two different fields added to the form for the obvious reasons of getting the full name of the participant.
- We use the mobile number category to get the contact number of the person. You can customize this according to your reach specifications. This means you can add this field for international or local purposes.
- We use the rich text field to add some messages to the form. The participants cannot respond to this message. It’s just for display.
- The checkbox field implies multiple option selection-based questions. Here we have used it only to confirm one option -RSVP.
- We have used the radio button field to let the attendees select if or not they’re bringing a plus one.
- We use the file upload option to ask the participants to upload their official ID cards for verification purposes.
- The terms and conditions field obviously signifies the same. The field is used here to ask the participant to affirm to adhere to the decorum of the webinar.
With that, we’ve added all necessary fields to our form. You can mark which fields are compulsory and which aren’t from the fields settings themselves.
Additionally, you can also change the visuals and aesthetics of your form as much as you want through RegistrationMagic.
Step4: Publishing the form
Copy the shortcode to a new page
Go back to the ‘All forms’ section. Copy the shortcode of the form
Now go to the ‘Pages’ section of the website backend. Click on ‘New page’
With that, the entire form publishing process is complete. Although, if you wish to add this to the main menu of your website, you can go to the ‘Appearance’ option on the website backend options and add this form to the menu and save it.
Frontend view of our sample webinar registration form
This is how your form will appear to the participants on your website frontend.
You can trust RegistrationMagic in doing the right job for you. All you have to do is add the fields and rest assured about the efficiency of your form.
Furthermore, RegistrationMagic is a plugin that blends with the theme of your website without any extra customization. Similarly, ProfileGrid is the premium plugin that will not only manage the user profiles but also manage membership.
ProfileGrid helps you create groups for your upcoming events through the data gathered by RegistrationMagic.
This plugin further helps members to interact and socialize within the groups. It can be used as your go-to plugin for discussions for any event. Events? How do you plan out those events?
EventPrime is a single plugin that can manage all your events upcoming and recurring in one place. You can take registrations, get live seats, passes, and tickets bookings all at once from this plugin.
- How to create an efficient Marriage Registration Form - November 26, 2021
- How to make a flexible vendor registration form for your business - November 24, 2021
- How to create a smart Membership Form for your WordPress website - November 22, 2021
- How to create a digital Preschool Registration Form - November 18, 2021
- How to make a creative Dance Registration Form with RegistrationMagic - November 16, 2021
- Expand your WordPress business theme with Customized User Registration Forms - November 15, 2021
- How to set up a simple Camp Registration Form for your business website - November 5, 2021
- How to Build a Multi-purpose Church Registration Form Effortlessly - October 29, 2021
- How to create a virtual conference registration form with RegsitrationMagic - October 26, 2021
- How to create a User Registration Form on WordPress - October 22, 2021