All things considered, conferences are probably the most important gatherings for any business or formal institution. They benefit the organizers and the participants equally. What benefits equally in the process of the event organization is a conference registration form.
A conference form in itself does the job of a committee altogether. It’s not just the convenience of the registration process but also a whole new opportunity it provides for growth. This growth is two-way.
For instance, on the part of the attendees, the conference offers a great deal of knowledge in a comfortable environment. Similarly, for the organizers, the conference online registration form helps in collecting, organizing, and making use of the invaluable data.
This article aims at covering an overall view of the conference booking form. The usage of this form may vary from organization to organization but the goals remain a staple.
What is a conference registration process?
Fundamentally, this denotes a process of the target crowd seeking permission to attend a conference organized by an institution. They request their seats at an event and once allowed, witness the conference.
Recently, the world has witnessed a shift in the mean of conducting this process. From physical registrations, we have now moved on to online form-based registration. From basic details collection to authentic verification, most of these virtual forms are capable of it all.
Whether a small or large scale, paid or free conference, an online registration system provides a seamless experience.
The virtual registration process makes it so much simpler for the organizers to promote the conference to a wider audience. In addition, it also assists in skipping the cumbersome headcount and organization of paper collected data. It also allows room for enhancements and changes.
The conference online registration process can be easily linked with search engines to enhance the reach of your event.
If you want to learn more about an advanced conference registration process, here are a few tips to brush through.
What makes an online conference registration form so beneficial?
A popular notion goes around the conference organization community. This idea asks you to get the managing of the conference registration process outsourced.
The latent misconception that gives rise to this idea is that this process is a bit too hard, so a professional better handle it. Worse yet, people assume this process to be costly on the pocket.
If you’re of the opinion that you better focus your energy on the actual details of the conference such as venue, marketing, collaterals, etc. then you’re wrong.
Decentralising the conference registration process is not a superb idea especially when you have smart tools at your disposal to tackle these tasks for you.
These tools are form builder and manager plugins for your website.
You don’t even have to understand coding or designing fully to build these forms. Just a few clicks and you’re all set even if it’s a mega event. A conference online registration form can get ready in a jiffy with these plugins. We’ll talk more about these in the later sections of the article.
The significance of a conference registration form
The conference registration form is the spine of the actual event. The data that you collect from a conference form helps you in numerous ways. One of these benefits is to help you direct your conference’s presentation and tailoring to fit your audience’s preference well.
All segments of the actual conference can be planned in the best possible way through this information. By providing an appealing and well-structured form, you’re already impressing your potential attendees.
The conference booking form in itself holds a lot of power over the person’s decision whether or not to attend the event. Therefore, the first appeal of your conference booking form is very important in putting a good impression of you and your institution.
Additionally, the information that you’ll gather through your conference registration form can be used for so many marketing and quality enhancement efforts.
How can a conference form help in marketing strategies? We’ll discuss this in the next section of this article.
The collection of such data from time to time helps you direct your advertising strategy the best. You can use this data to generate sales leads and boost conversion rates.
Can a conference registration form be used as a marketing tool?
Any sort of online registration form holds the power to act as a top-notch marketing tool. Here’s why:
- The conference entry form offers a chance to collect valuable marketing data.
- Since people filling the form spare some time out to fill it, you can make use of the opportunity and know your audience better.
- When the subtle key elements of the form don’t divert from the focus topic, your objective becomes clear. This clarity helps the audience understand your institution’s vision better.
- Enhancing the experience for the audience should always be the focus for all institutions. Using this data, you can plan these things out exactly as per your customer base’s behavior and choices.
- Aside from the numbers, this information also helps you guide your marketing strategy for the event venues, collaterals, etc.
- Using the conference registration form to collect qualitative data is a smart practice.
Elements of a good conference registration form
All conference signup forms should be informative and clear of their objectives. Ideally, it should aim at converting the visitors to attendees of the event. Additionally, a sharp and precise form is bound to give clarity on the subject.
When discussing the actual content of your form, consider these essential areas for it:
- Name of the conference: As a rule of thumb, the first thing getting highlighted on your free conference registration form should be its title. After that, give it professional names for people to remember it and on a good chance, spread the word for it.
- Description: Tell your audience a little about the conference event. Above all, this is what lures the audience into reading the rest of the sheet. Hence, this description is supposed to be planned in a smart way.
- Date and Time: Make this very obvious point clear to your audience. Therefore, mention this in bold and bright letters and make sure to check before posting.
- Platform: Add a platform to your conference form.
- Presenter(s): Tell your audience why they shouldn’t miss the opportunity in one single sentence.
- Price (if any): The most important highlight of the form, the price field.
How to create a conference registration form for your WordPress website?
RegistrationMagic allows you to create hundreds of forms with unrestricted fields for your website. These forms may range from event registration to admission forms.
You are free to customize and alter the fields as per your requirements as many times as necessary.
Additionally, RegistrationMagic delivers numerous extra features for form creation. These include :
- Create Unlimited Forms
- Form Card view with at-a-glance information of participants
- Quick form creator
- Built-in login system
- Submission counter on form card
- Default form selector
- Shortcode system for forms
- Submissions Dashboard Widget
- Submissions under User profile
- Sort form cards
- Duplicate forms
- Broadcast email messages to all users plus personalize messages
- Quick view of recipients for each form
- Customization of forms on various categories and many more.
Another great plugin to have is ProfileGrid memberships. This essentially helps you to take registered user information to the next level. It’s a premium membership plugin that can create and manage profiles of your users.
Additionally, it can create communities for your upcoming and recurring events. It also helps users socialize within a group.
Try RegistrationMagic for Free.
- A website based on WordPress: Click here to start with WordPress.
- Free RegistrationMagic plugin: Download/ Install from here.
- Premium RegistrationMagic plugin (optional but preferred): For enabling more hyper-personalized advanced features.
Creating a free conference booking form through RegistrationMagic: Step-by-step guide
Fundamental steps for form creation:
Step 1: Adding a new form using RegistrationMagic.
- Firstly, click on the RegistrationMagic plugin and click on “All Forms“.
- Next, click on “New Form” for creating a new conference form.
Step 2: Adding a new name for the form.
- In the window that says “Create New Form“, add a title for your form.
- Since we’re creating a conference entry form, that’s what we’ll name it.
- We’re fashioning a very basic form here with no videos or images attached. This doesn’t mean you can’t do that. We’ll tell you how to do that in the coming steps.
- After that, from the ‘All forms page’, click on your new form’s ‘Fields’ section to proceed to add fields.
You’ll land on this page. This is the page from where you need to add all fields. This page is called the ‘Fields Manager’ page.
Steps for adding form fields
- From the above image, you can refer to the ‘Fields Manager’ page for adding all form fields.
- All the fields are to be added to the form from the ‘All fields’ section. You’ll find every single field you’ll require here.
- For instance, text, radio buttons, checkboxes, video links, images, etc. all lie under this category.
- Just to gander at the good, here’s a glimpse of all the vast range of categories under the ‘Fields’ section that you can use. We’re creating a basic and precise event registration form here. However, we won’t make use of all these fields.
- Therefore, to understand all functionalities better, you can try adding fields and then deleting them as per your wish.
Step3: Adding fields to the form
Since the form we have in mind is a very basic and open one, we won’t make it extra refined. Therefore, we’ll add only a single sheet to the form. If need be, you can always create multipage forms easily through RegistrationMagic.
Let’s start adding fields to our form:
Just go to the ‘All Fields’ section and start clicking on the fields you’d like to add to your form. We’ll first add all basic fields and label them before moving on to the others.
Once a field is labelled, scroll down and click on the ‘Add to form’ option to add it to the form.
- Email field is a default field in all RegistrationMagic forms. We can’t remove it from any form and is a mandatory field.
- The first and last name fields are two different fields added to the form for the obvious reasons of getting the full name of the participant.
- We use the mobile number category to get the contact number of the person. You can customize this according to your reach specifications. This means you can add this field for international or local purposes.
- We use the rich text field to add some messages to the form. The participants cannot respond to this message. It’s just for display.
- The checkbox field implies multiple option selection-based questions. Here we have used it only to confirm one option -RSVP.
- We have used the radio button field to let the attendees select if or not they’re bringing a plus one.
- We use the file upload option to ask the participants to upload their official ID cards for verification purposes.
- The terms and conditions field obviously signifies the same. The field is used here to ask the participant to affirm to adhere to the decorum of the conference.
With that, we’ve added all necessary fields to our form. You can mark which fields are compulsory and which aren’t from the fields settings themselves.
Additionally, you can also change the visuals and aesthetics of your form as much as you want through RegistrationMagic.
Step4: Publishing the form
Copy the shortcode to a new page
Go back to the ‘All forms’ section. Copy the shortcode of the form
Now go to the ‘Pages’ section of the website backend. Click on ‘New page’
Add the actual title of your form in the ‘Title’ section and paste the shortcode in the ‘Main body’ of the page and click on ‘Publish’
With that, the entire form publishing process is complete. Although, if you wish to add this to the main menu of your website, you can go to the ‘Appearance’ option on the website backend options and add this form to the menu and save it.
Frontend view of our sample conference form
This is how your form will appear to the participants on your website frontend.
You can trust RegistrationMagic in doing the right job for you. All you have to do is add the fields and rest assured about the efficiency of your form.
Try RegistrationMagic for Free.
Furthermore, RegistrationMagic is a plugin that blends with the theme of your website without any extra customization. Similarly, ProfileGrid is the premium plugin that will not only manage the user profiles but also manage membership.
EventPrime is a single plugin that can manage all your events upcoming and recurring in one place. You can take registrations, get live seats, passes, and tickets bookings all at once from this plugin.
- How to create a User Registration Form on WordPress - September 22, 2022
- Why RegistrationMagic is Unique from Other Contact Form Plugins? - September 15, 2022
- Create a Job Application Form on WordPress Website- In Depth Guide - September 14, 2022
- How to create an efficient Marriage Registration Form - November 26, 2021
- How to make a flexible vendor registration form for your business - November 24, 2021
- How to create a smart Membership Form for your WordPress website - November 22, 2021
- How to create a digital Preschool Registration Form - November 18, 2021
- How to make a creative Dance Registration Form with RegistrationMagic - November 16, 2021
- Expand your WordPress business theme with Customized User Registration Forms - November 15, 2021
- How to set up a simple Camp Registration Form for your business website - November 5, 2021