The human population has witnessed tremendous changes in technology and its implementation over the last few decades. These changes not only encompass smartphones or smart cars. Changes exist from the inner workings of an aeroplane to a simple church registration form.
Products and services today are taking a new and scientifically advanced turn for the better. This shows how modern smart tech tools are creating a better world for us.
In this article, you will learn what a church registration form is. We’ll also brush up on what its uses are and why you should choose online church forms over other methods. Finally, we’ll learn together the best way to create one.
Let us go in-depth to understand what an online church membership form can do and why it’s so significant. Once that’s cleared we’ll also see how to create an all-purpose church membership registration form.
What is church registration?
In order to attend a church or become a member of it, a person must first go through a process that is essentially a core part of church administration. Here they must provide the church with some mandatory personal information for identification and background checks. This process is called the church registration process. This process is also helpful for support, counseling, registration control, verification, etc.
You can read in-depth about why church membership matters here.
What is a church registration form?
Basically, a church membership form is a paper or online instrument that is used to collect basic and detailed information about the individuals who want to be enrolled in the institution for religious purposes. Usually, church forms contain various clearly divided segments. In these categories, the members can fill in their details.
Some important uses of a church registration form
In order for a church to admit a person to its premises, it requires basic enrollment information from the individual. This data includes general identification, demographic background, contact details. The church also needs to collect supporting documents for the same. Some church registration form examples can be church membership registration form, church choir registration form, church visitor registration form, etc.
How is an online church registration form different and more beneficial?
There are always critics who are skeptical about the benefits of online church event registration forms. As proponents of digitization, we give you some solid reasons why we should practice the church registration process online once and for all.
Speed and convenience:
One very obvious advantage of detailed online church registration over traditional paper registration is convenience. Convenience here is a category that includes speed, time, and money.
Individuals can register from the comfort of their location without spending their hard-earned money on unnecessary transportation. This makes it easy for everyone involved to avoid unnecessary queues.
Why such a rapid shift? Obviously, there’s the convenience factor. There are also cost and time benefits that almost all digital services offer in one way or another.
With paper registration forms, it was difficult for examiners to point out errors or corrections in the forms amidst the crowd and rush. This left the final decision on form confirmation due indefinitely. Even after the lengthy process, the end result was far from satisfactory.
Online registration forms bypass this problem completely. These forms immediately alert you of the mandatory fields and the incorrect format of the details. Quick verification in online registration forms provides instant confirmation.
Updates and advancement on a real-time basis:
It is very convenient for the church to receive individual and bulk updates through their online registration forms. This way, they can keep track of all this information and updates. Speaking of updates: Online registration forms are also very easy to work with in comparison to paper forms.
One evident reason behind this is to do with the fact that one can update them on a real-time basis. This reduces the time and physical efforts of the management authorities.
Additional Benefits –
The entire digital registration process literally saves a lot of paper that is wasted on collecting information. Just like registration itself, digital registration is the first step towards a paperless society.
The three aforementioned convenience factors were far from met in this case.
Fresh papers come back in, and the same ecologically toxic cycle of cutting down trees for fresh papers starts all over again. Our alternative might not be successful in curbing all environmental issues. Although, online registration forms, in general, go a long way in ameliorating this situation.
How to create an online church registration form for your WordPress website?
RegistrationMagic allows you to create hundreds of forms with unrestricted fields for your website. These forms may range from event registration to admission forms.
You are free to customize and alter the fields as per your requirements as many times as necessary. An online church entry form is just one example of the wonders that this plugin can do.
Another great plugin to have is ProfileGrid memberships. This essentially helps you to take registered user information to the next level. It’s a premium membership plugin that can create and manage profiles of your users.
Additionally, it can create communities for your upcoming and recurring events. It also helps users socialize within a group.
Try RegistrationMagic for Free.
Additionally, RegistrationMagic delivers numerous extra features for School Form creation. These include :
- Create Unlimited Forms
- Form Card view with at-a-glance information of participants
- Quick form creator
- Built-in login system
- Submission counter on form card
- Default form selector
- Shortcode system for forms
- Submissions Dashboard Widget
- Submissions under User profile
- Sort form cards
- Duplicate forms
- Broadcast email messages to all users plus personalize messages
- Quick view of recipients for each form
- Customization of forms on various categories and many more.
The RegistrationMagic process to create school forms
A simple guide to build it
- A website based on WordPress: Click here to start with WordPress.
- Free RegistrationMagic plugin: Download/ Install from here.
- Premium RegistrationMagic plugin (optional): For enabling more hyper-personalized advanced features.
Points to bear in mind before creating a church event registration form
No matter how good the RegistrationMagic plugin is or how brilliant your church registration idea is, if not executed properly, it won’t bring effective results. So here are a few points to keep in mind before you create an online contest registration form:
- Firstly, determining your goals is very important. If your objectives are clear, your form will be well-structured and smartly designed.
- Secondly, your budget plays an essential role too. For a fancier and rather elaborate form, you can add high-quality church event videos to your form. In addition, this adds up to your form’s appeal. RegistrationMagic lets you do this for free!
- Thirdly, the right timeline for the registration process is essential in collecting data from the online church forms.
- After that, the registration framework is another very significant determiner of a good form. Therefore, decide that well and you’re good to go.
- Mention the rules, guidelines, or specifications, if any, on your form.
- Similarly, highlight your membership benefits on the form.
- Define or state briefly about your review process. In conclusion, this helps with superior discipline.
- Next, make and activate the system for user-data collection for all future endeavors.
- Finally, create a tracking system to take note of the results of such registrations.
Creating a church membership form through RegistrationMagic: Step-by-step guide
Fundamental steps for form creation:
Step 1: Adding a new form using RegistrationMagic.
- Firstly, click on the RegistrationMagic plugin and click on “All Forms“.
- Next, click on “New Form” for creating a new church form.
Step 2: Adding a new name for the form.
- In the window that says “Create New Form“, add a title for your form.
- Since we’re creating a church entry form, that’s what we’ll name it.
- We’re fashioning a very basic form here with no videos or images attached. This doesn’t mean you can’t do that. We’ll tell you how to do that in the coming steps.
- After that, from the ‘All forms page’, click on your new form’s ‘Fields’ section to proceed to add fields.
You’ll land on this page. This is the page from where you need to add all fields. This page is called the ‘Fields Manager’ page.
Steps for adding form fields
- From the above image, you can refer to the ‘Fields Manager’ page for adding all form fields.
- All the fields are to be added to the form from the ‘All fields’ section. You’ll find every single field you’ll require here.
- For instance, text, radio buttons, checkboxes, video links, images, etc. all lie under this category.
- Just to glance at the good stuff, here’s a glimpse of all the vast range of categories under the ‘Fields’ section that you can use. We’re creating a basic and precise event registration form here. However, we won’t make use of all these fields.
- Therefore, to understand all functionalities better, you can try adding fields and then deleting them as per your wish.
Step3: Adding fields to the form
Since the church registration form we have in mind is a very basic and open one, we won’t make it extra refined. Therefore, we’ll add only a single sheet to the form. If need be, you can always create multipage forms easily through RegistrationMagic.
Let’s start adding fields to our form:
Just go to the ‘All Fields’ section and start clicking on the fields you’d like to add to your form. We’ll first add all basic fields and label them before moving on to the others.
Once a field is labelled, scroll down and click on the ‘Add to form’ option to add it to the form.
- Email field is a default field in all RegistrationMagic forms. We can’t remove it from any form and is a mandatory field.
- The first and last name fields are two different fields added to the form for the obvious reasons of getting the full name of the participant.
- We use the mobile number category to get the contact number of the person. You can customize this according to your reach specifications. This means you can add this field for international or local purposes.
- One may use the address field to get the residential address of the individual. This field has properties that can be modified with local or international systems or be synced with Google maps.
- The birth date field signifies the obvious, D.O.B.
- The checkbox field implies multiple option selection-based questions. Here we have used it only to confirm how frequently would the individual be participating in church activities.
- We have used the radio button field to confirm the gender of the members.
- We use the file upload option to ask the participants to upload their official ID cards for verification purposes.
- The image upload option represents uploading JPEG, png, and other file formats. We use this here to get an image of the individual.
- The E-Sign option is used to get the signature of the member to confirm the submission and agreement on the form.
With that, we’ve added all necessary fields to our form. You can mark which fields are compulsory and which aren’t from the fields settings themselves.
Additionally, you can also change the visuals and aesthetics of your form as much as you want through RegistrationMagic.
Step4: Publishing the form
Copy the shortcode to a new page
Go back to the ‘All forms’ section. Copy the shortcode of the form
Now go to the ‘Pages’ section of the website backend. Click on ‘New page’
Add the actual title of your form in the ‘Title’ section and paste the shortcode in the ‘Main body’ of the page and click on ‘Publish’
With that, the entire form publishing process is complete. Although, if you wish to add this to the main menu of your website, you can go to the ‘Appearance’ option on the website backend options and add this form to the menu and save it.
Frontend view of our church registration form
This is how your church registration form will appear to the participants on your website frontend.
You can trust RegistrationMagic in doing the right job for you. All you have to do is add the fields and rest assured about the efficiency of your form.
Try RegistrationMagic for Free.
Furthermore, RegistrationMagic is a plugin that blends with the theme of your website without any extra customization. Similarly, ProfileGrid is the premium plugin that will not only manage the user profiles but also manage membership.
EventPrime is a single plugin that can manage all your events upcoming and recurring in one place. You can take registrations, get live seats, passes, and tickets bookings all at once from this plugin.
- How to create a User Registration Form on WordPress - September 22, 2022
- Why RegistrationMagic is Unique from Other Contact Form Plugins? - September 15, 2022
- Create a Job Application Form on WordPress Website- In Depth Guide - September 14, 2022
- How to create an efficient Marriage Registration Form - November 26, 2021
- How to make a flexible vendor registration form for your business - November 24, 2021
- How to create a smart Membership Form for your WordPress website - November 22, 2021
- How to create a digital Preschool Registration Form - November 18, 2021
- How to make a creative Dance Registration Form with RegistrationMagic - November 16, 2021
- Expand your WordPress business theme with Customized User Registration Forms - November 15, 2021
- How to set up a simple Camp Registration Form for your business website - November 5, 2021