A contest entry form represents so much more than just a sheet with blanks on it. It’s a tool used for astute marketing strategies put simply in a form. The underlying objective of it is to fuel the innate trait of human beings of competitiveness and victory.
We love competition and more importantly, we love winning those competitions. There are only a few things in life that compare to the joy of being on top of the world.
In psychological parlance, winning helps in ‘positive reinforcement’. The self-gratification it brings helps boost our self-esteem.
They might be nerve-wracking but talent shows sure motivate the notion of being victorious. The logic and means of winning these might be unclear but they do give hope.
These talent shows and many others are all constituted as contests for businesses. Contests are a very significant part of any venture’s marketing strategy.
The aforementioned psychological points of the human mind ease this process out even more. The number of participants that witness your slightly latent marketing has a lot to do with that psychology.
What is a contest entry?
Contest entries much like their main event are venues to witness the entering of winning and losing teams. These might take place between teams or individuals.
Contest entry is the stage that gets to observe and differentiate. It’s the participants and the sides they represent that get distinguished right from the entry submission.
Contest entries come in numerous forms one of which is through a contest entry form. This part of the process is essential for the participants to know who to bet for.
It also helps the organizers have an idea of the qualified competitors. A contest entry form helps the contest managers have a fair clue of the teams’ or individuals’ authentic origin in the competition.
The many faces of contest entry
There are many types of contest entries available out there for business and non-business purposes. These entries along with their actual contests are created and filtered keeping the demographics of the target audience in mind.
The entries will be easier if they’re meant to provide a fair chance to everyone. If not, they’ll be a lot less accessible and refined. With that being said, let’s take a look at some types of contest entries that exist now.
Types of contest entry
- Raffle entry is a game purely based on chance or gambling. The best example to consider here would be the lottery. This implies that raffle entry requires tickets to be submitted at the time of purchase and it has to be before the draw time.
- These are manual and lucky entries where the participants only need to submit very basic personal details. These might include as little as their name and contact numbers.
- Manual entry is the most commonly used form of contest entry across fields. These forms require the participants to fill out a detailed paper form and submit it in advance of the contest date.
- This is a process of pre-registering. Before the era of the internet, this type of form was the most common to prevail. Evidently, this method wasn’t sustainable or convenient at all.
- Online entry as the name suggests is a method to fill a contest form online. With the increased use of the internet as a portal for marketing activities, online contest entry forms became really common.
- For almost every other business or non-business contest, these are the forms that we witness nowadays. The increase in their use and their practicality have a direct link. This includes a lot of benefits from user-friendliness to even their storage.
In a nutshell, all the benefits of an online form can be traced across in an online contest entry form.
Why should contests be used as a marketing tool to generate leads?
Contests sure are fun. Above all, they bring high engagement to the organization conducting them. Therefore, if conducted properly, they have the potential to become one of the most interactive marketing tools.
Considering the ways in which the firm can benefit from these contests should be the top priority. With that, let’s list down some of the most common advantages derived from contests:
- Contests help build awareness about your brand. Additionally, they lead to chain marketing which is very cost-effective.
- Obviously, contests and games are the most engaging marketing tools that ever existed.
- Contests help gain social media followers. Therefore, they also expand the conducting firm’s consumer base.
- The growth of website traffics, as mentioned earlier, is one of the gifts of contests.
- With the rise in lead generation through the data collected by contests, email marketing lists expand.
- Contests conducted in collaboration with top brands help build a rapport of the business among its audience. That is to say that contests also help in strengthening partnerships.
- Contests help collect user-generated data. Hence, all future marketing endeavors can be based on this data. This opens doors for customized offers. It also helps in creating personalized content.
- Customers may or may not like your offerings. However, it’s very important to take first-hand feedback. Contests help you do exactly that.
- Contests help create buzz around your business. This is very essential to keep your business under the light.
- Interactive sales tools like contests help get higher conversions. This ultimately serves the end goal of your business.
When done correctly, these pointers can fetch the best results from your business contest.
Why should you run a contest on your WordPress website?
There are numerous reasons why running a contest on your WordPress website will give you an edge over competitors :
- Chain marketing is a way through which people who know your brand endorse your contests. These endorsements may be paid or unpaid. Irrespective of that, chain marketing builds links for your brand to grow. Therefore, discount sales and contests are the best ways to initiate chain marketing.
- An online contest form lets you collect ample customer data. Therefore, this opens a way for your brand to enhance email marketing efforts. Above all, this data helps you hyper-customize your marketing efforts.
- Contests are some of the easiest to promote marketing strategies. Due to this, they have a huge influence on driving more traffic to your website.
- Contest entries gathered through an online contest registration form are super easy to manage and store. This is especially made easy through the RegistrationMagic plugin on WordPress.
- By sprinkling a little fun into your website, you can easily grab your audience’s attention. Contests are inexpensive marketing forms. Hence, they ensure a higher conversion rate at an extremely low cost.
- For instance, you can motivate your audience to participate in quizzes or surveys conducted by your brand. Create appealing video or image content for the form to lure participants.
How to create a contest registration form for your WordPress website?
RegistrationMagic allows you to create hundreds of forms with unrestricted fields for your website. These forms may range from event registration to admission forms.
You are free to customize and alter the fields as per your requirements as many times as necessary. An online contest entry form is just one example of the wonders that this plugin can do.
Another great plugin to have is ProfileGrid memberships. This essentially helps you to take registered user information to the next level. It’s a premium membership plugin that can create and manage profiles of your users.
Additionally, it can create communities for your upcoming and recurring events. It also helps users socialize within a group.
Points to bear in mind before creating an online contest entry form
No matter how good the RegistrationMagic plugin is or how brilliant your contest idea is, if not conducted properly, it won’t bring effective results. So here are a few points to keep in mind before you create an online contest registration form:
- Determining your goals is very important. If your objectives are clear, your form will be well-structured and smartly designed.
- Your budget plays an essential role too. For a fancier and rather elaborate form, you can add high-quality contest videos to your form. This adds up to your form’s appeal. RegistrationMagic lets you do this for free!
- The right timeline for the contest is essential in collecting data from the online contest entry form.
- The contest framework is another very significant determiner of a good form. Decide that and you’re good to go.
- Mention the rules, guidelines, or specifications, if any, on your form.
- Highlight your prizes and trophies on the form.
- Define or state briefly about your review process.
- Make and activate the system for user-data collection for all future endeavors.
- Create a tracking system to take note of the results of the contests.
Detailed steps and demonstration to create a contest form
Fundamental steps for form creation:
Step 1: Adding a new form using RegistrationMagic.
- First, click on the RegistrationMagic plugin and click on “All Forms“.
- Next, click on “New Form” for creating a new contest entry form.
Step 2: Adding a new name for the form.
- In the window that says “Create New Form“, add a title for your form.
- Since we’re creating a contest entry form, that’s what we’ll name it. For reference, we’ll take the example of a contest organized by an art club. This contest aims at finding a new art teacher for the club.
- We’re fashioning a very basic form here with no videos or images attached. This doesn’t mean you can’t do that. We’ll tell you how to do that in the coming steps.
- After that, from the ‘All forms page’, click on your new form’s ‘Fields’ section to proceed to add fields
You’ll land on this page. This is the page from where you need to add all fields. This page is called the ‘Fields Manager’ page.
Steps for adding form fields
- From the above image, you can refer to the ‘Fields Manager’ page for adding all form fields.
- All the fields are to be added to the form from the ‘All fields’ section. You’ll find every single field you’ll require here.
- Text, radio buttons, checkboxes, video links, images, etc. they’re all here under this category.
- Just to gander at the good, here’s a glimpse of all the vast range of categories under the ‘Fields’ section that you can use. Obviously, we can’t use all of them in our form but you can always play around.
Step3: Adding fields to the form
Since the form we have in mind is a very basic and open one, we won’t make it extra refined. Therefore, we’ll add only a single sheet to the form. If need be, you can always create multipage forms easily through RegistrationMagic.
Let’s start adding fields to our form:
Just go to the ‘All Fields’ section and start clicking on the fields you’d like to add to your form. We’ll first add all basic fields and label them before moving on to the others.
Once a field is labeled, scroll down and click on the ‘Add to form’ option to add it to the form
As you see from the image above, we’ve added all basic fields for the participant. We’ve also labeled them clearly. Next to each field label, you can see the field category used to create it. Mentioned below are the field category details:
- Email field is a default field in all RegistrationMagic forms. It can’t be removed from any form and is a mandatory field. This passively helps in better email marketing data.
- The first and last name fields are two different fields added to the form for the obvious reasons of getting the full name of the participant.
- The birth date field is added to the form to get the D.O.B of the participant. This field can be filled in the DD/MM/YYYY format.
- The mobile number category has been used to get the contact number of the person. This can be customized according to your reach specifications. This means you can add this field for international or local purposes.
- The image upload field has been used to get the image of the participant. The image can be uploaded in JPEG, Png, or other formats.
- The file upload field has been used to get a portfolio file of the participant. This will be helpful in knowing further about the participant.
- You can rename the page when it’s a multipage form.
The fields used for advanced categories are:
- The radio button field asks a short question. This aims at asking the person whether or not they have taught art before. This field is usually used to ask gender, yes/no questions, etc.
- The text field asks the person a brief text question stating which art school have they taught in before.
- The text area field is used to ask a slightly elaborate question. This question intends on collecting details on their certificates, one or many.
- The rich text area highlights a message that you want to convey to the participant. This is not a question field but a communication field. You just have to add your display message in the text box as shown below and add it to the form
- The ESign field allows the person to upload their digital signature to the form directly.
With that, we’ve added all necessary fields to our form. You can mark which fields are compulsory and which aren’t from the fields settings themselves.
Additionally, you can also change the visuals and aesthetics of your form as much as you want through RegistrationMagic.
Step4: Publishing the form
Copy the shortcode to a new page
Go back to the ‘All forms’ section. Copy the shortcode of the form.
Now go to the ‘Pages’ section of the website backend. Click on ‘New page’
Add the actual title of your form in the ‘Title’ section and paste the shortcode in the ‘Main body’ of the page and click on ‘Publish’
With that, the entire form publishing process is complete. Although, if you wish to add this to the main menu of your website, you can go to the ‘Appearance’ option on the website backend options and add this form to the menu and save it. Quite an easy process right?
Frontend view of contest entry form sample
This is how your form will appear to the participants on your website frontend.
You can trust RegistrationMagic in doing the right job for you. All you have to do is add the fields and rest assured about the efficiency of your form.
Furthermore, RegistrationMagic is a plugin that blends with the theme of your website without any extra customization. Similarly, ProfileGrid is the premium plugin that will not only manage the user profiles but also manage membership.
ProfileGrid helps you create groups for your upcoming events through the data gathered by RegistrationMagic.
This plugin further helps members to interact and socialize within the groups. It can be used as your go-to plugin for discussions for any event. Events? How do you plan out those events?
EventPrime is a single plugin that can manage all your events upcoming and recurring in one place. You can take registrations, get live seats, passes, and tickets bookings all at once from this plugin.
- How to create an efficient Marriage Registration Form - November 26, 2021
- How to make a flexible vendor registration form for your business - November 24, 2021
- How to create a smart Membership Form for your WordPress website - November 22, 2021
- How to create a digital Preschool Registration Form - November 18, 2021
- How to make a creative Dance Registration Form with RegistrationMagic - November 16, 2021
- Expand your WordPress business theme with Customized User Registration Forms - November 15, 2021
- How to set up a simple Camp Registration Form for your business website - November 5, 2021
- How to Build a Multi-purpose Church Registration Form Effortlessly - October 29, 2021
- How to create a virtual conference registration form with RegsitrationMagic - October 26, 2021
- How to create a User Registration Form on WordPress - October 22, 2021