Submit WordPress form data to external url
Submitting WordPress form data to external url is part of RegistrationMagic integration with third-party services. This process is accomplished using the HTTP POST Protocol.
The external server acts as an data storage manager for storing form submission data. This is useful while maintaining multiple databases for form submissions. The URL you embed must be configured to capture data sent by the form.
You can also configure the third-party server as form data backup. Let’s learn the process of sending form submission data to external URL.
Go to Registrationmagic plugin. Click “All Forms”.
Click on “Dashboard” from any form. This will take you to the dashboard page. Go to Post Submission settings under the Configure category.
Navigate to the Post Submission page. The first field configures form success message. The next field generates a unique registration number for the user.
This field is followed by a Redirection field. It allows you to redirect your user to a page on form submission. You can also direct your user to a preferred URL.
Configuring the “Send submitted data to external URL” feature
The next field is a checkbox with the message “Send submitted data to External URL”. Choose a URL of third party server. All the data will be redirected to the database of the external server.
The rule is triggered every time the form is submitted by your user.
As an example, we have filled the URL with https://newdatabase.com/form-submission-data/ as the link to the external server. All form submission data is stored at that URL.
Click on Save. Go back to your form.
You have now integrated form submission database with a third-party URL. This external server will hold your data post submission.
- How to Approve WordPress User Accounts Without Logging Into Dashboard - January 25, 2021
- How to Set up Two Factor Authentication in WordPress - April 4, 2019
- How to Edit or Replace Default WordPress Registration Form - April 2, 2019
- How to Check WordPress Form Submission in Dashboard - March 29, 2019
- How to Allow Users to Edit WordPress Forms After Submission - January 31, 2019
- WordPress Class Registration Plugin – Enrol Users, Collect Payments & More - November 28, 2018
- WordPress User Management Plugin Guide - November 27, 2018
- How to Allow WordPress Login and Registration using Email - October 5, 2018
- How to Display WordPress Member Directory - October 1, 2018
- How to Disable WordPress Admin Bar for all Users Except Admin - September 29, 2018